15 METER JUMPS ARE EASIER THAN YOU THINK !
BUT PROBABLY YOU SEE YOURSELF AND OTHERS STRUGGLING TO GET A HIGH SMOOTH JUMP.
It's because they are trying to learn THE JUMP itself from the beginning.
STEP ONE. Dont' try to jump. Build a FOUNDATION first. Manage the POWER.
STEP TWO. Master advanced techniques to work with the kite.
STEP THREE. Complete your skills by mastering stable flight and landing.
To put it all together, I've created my own METHOD of teaching to jump.
It's mission is to make you UNLEARN wrong weak stance and stop thinking that "go fast-yank the bar-pop-that's it" is all you need to jump.
LEARNING TO FLY METHOD
JUMPING SKILLS STRUCTURE
POWER FOR THE JUMP
ELEMENTS OF POWER CONTROL SYSTEM:
- UNLEARN BEGINNERS STANCE
- PROPER STANCE
- WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION
- LINES TENSION
SENDING THE KITE TO 12 FASTER
- UNLEARN WRONG "LOAD AND POP" PUSH
- PROPER BACK LEG PUSH
- LINES TENSION PULSES
- BAR STEERING SYNCHRONIZATION
STABILITY IN THE AIR AND LANDING
- UNLEARN DANGLING POSITION
- GOOD BODY BALANCE AROUND THE HARNESS HOOK
- KITE POSITION AND STEERING
- LANDING SOFTENING TECHNIQUES
HOW TO REACH 10+ METER HEIGHT FASTER
If you've got stuck at about 4-5 meters and progress too slow DON'T try to "push-off" harder or yank the bar like hell. Get back to mastering your stance, creating more power in the lines, resisting that power with the board. If your jump is low, while the wind is enough, try to do the same jump from sharper course, as sharp upwind as possible an see what happens. Add back leg push to your jump sequence ONLY if your are sure, that it doesn't drive you out of balance. If you are bouncing on the tail of the board, while doing a push, get back and look for ways to shift your weight to the nose of the board.
"LEARNING TO FLY" SERIES
- SAVE FROM 1 TO 5 SEASONS OF KITING TIME SPENT TO LEARN 10-15 METER JUMPS
- USE THIS VIDEO AS A HANDBOOK TO CONCENTRATE ON ASPECTS WHICH ARE REALLY IMPORTANT
- 8 BASIC EXERCISES WITH KEYS FOR SELF-CONTROL AND 3 MAIN STAGES OF THE JUMP
- KEEP ON PROGRESSING TO 15 METERS AND ABOVE WITH MORE TECHNIQUES
- 7 EXERCISES TO MASTER BIG-AIR IN 3 JUMPING SCENARIOS